Attempts to locate the owner will be made by posting the found birds in the local newspaper. When those efforts have been exhausted and no reunion occurs, the lost birds and voluntarily surrendered birds may be placed for adoption in accordance with our policy.
These are a few of our birds that are up for adoptions
- Birds can live a long time: macaws and cockatoos up to 100 years old, even smaller birds can live up to 20 years.
- Birds are very sensitive to change. They can become aggressive; pull feathers out, or excessive screaming.
- Birds can be destructive. They can fling food all over, destroy furniture, and bite.
- Birds are wild animals at heart and many behaviors cannot be trained out of a bird.
- Research the particular species your plan to adopt.
- Birds require large cages, variety of perches, lots of toys, quality avian veterinarians, and a complex diet.
- Consider volunteering at Fallen Feathers for first hand experience.
- Contact Fallen Feathers regarding adopting any of the birds above. We encourage adopting over purchasing a bird. We do not adopt migratory birds they are protected and never up for adoption.